Thursday, October 2, 2008

hmmph

I am in a funk. My biorhythms must be out of sync, my cosmic doodads misaligned. I'm just saying. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is just off. I'm thinking about finding a deserted island for a week or two. Well, maybe not entirely deserted. I'm going to need a bartender and a masseuse. Maybe a chef and a pool boy.

On the positive side, the freshman football team beat Tecumseh tonight to move their record to 5 and 1. They had a devastating blow-out loss to Ann Arbor Pioneer last week--it was their first loss in 3 years, and it looked like they saved all of their yips for one fell swoop. They were still a little tentative tonight, especially on offense--which is usually their bread and butter. But they managed to get the job done.

We're hoping the Varsity team is ticked off enough from losing a game they should have won last week (gave up 2 touchdowns in the last 3 minutes to lose by 7!) to roll tomorrow night. I've already got my long johns out since it's supposed to be pretty frigid by game time (making that deserted island sound even more appealing!). ADDENDUM: GO MULES! They pulled off the victory 56-40.

What type of vacation sounds good? The desert island? A girls' shopping spree in Chicago? Some other exotic retreat?

No comments: