Tuesday, October 21, 2008

To everything, there is a season

This passage from Ecclesiastes has always been my favorite...a time for every purpose ... At this time of year, the turning becomes obvious--the changing of the leaves, the chill in the air (and the need to turn on the furnace!). This weekend, I plan on switching my summer wardrobe for my winter wardrobe in my closet. This means I need to put together a few more covered wardrobe racks for my attic since somehow, I've accumulated more clothes than I had last year. And Angie, I promise I will pare it back as I go--but I still will need the extra organizers. Guess I should have the boys go through their closets and drawers as well since we never got around to that at the beginning of school.

Ah yes. Change is in the air. The election is only a few weeks off, and regardless of the outcome, there will be change. Work has been a constant stream of change, some for the good and some for the not so good. My workload has more than doubled in the last week alone, and I was already busy. Ugh. But life goes on, and somehow, it will all sort itself out.

Before you know it, we'll be inundated with Christmas sales and carols and all that jazz. Wait, that's already happening. I guess Christmas is turning into a 9 month season.

One season that I'd like to see extended is that of our varsity football team. They are making the long journey up to Chelsea for the regular season finale. A win will put them in the playoffs for the second time in school history and the first time in 18 years. They could make it with a loss but they're on the bubble there. Chelsea is always a top team, so it should be interesting. Go Mules!

No comments: