Monday, April 21, 2008

much about nothing

I can't believe a week has passed since I posted. It's DWTS night--I'm hoping it's Marissa's week. She keeps hanging in there though, kind of like Syesha on AI (ugh). Hopefully, I'll be able to stay awake--I'm already ready for bed. It's exhausting sitting and watching baseball game after baseball game, especially if your team is losing. (4 games over the weekend).

I did manage to overcome a major fear getting to the games out at the Oregon Rec Center--I am bridge-phobic, and swore I'd never go on the new bridge. But I'm playing single parent this week, and I wasn't going to let the 16 year old drive me and his brother on 280, so I managed to suck it up and cross the bridge--6 times. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it again, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought.

I've had some interesting adventures with wildlife this past week. I was deep in discussion with my 16 year old (a rarity, so I took advantage of it!), and he started saying "OMG." I looked out the window, and there were 2 wild turkeys in our side yard (and NO, they weren't on the label of a discarded adult beverage bottle). Now, I've lived in the same general part of town for most of the past 35 years. The woods that are now my backyard were our hangout when I was a teen. I've seen pheasant, deer, fox, and small rodents, but never wild turkey. They were HUGE. Later on I watched 2 robins tormenting a cardinal. The cardinal sat looking majestic while the robins were buzzing it. I also threw out some bread crusts. A very hungry squirrel ate most of it, but it was comical watching him bury the parts he didn't want to eat. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have understood it if I would have tried to explain that it would be worm food before he could dig it back up. Must have been the nutty coating on the bread.

At least this week is fairly event free. One track meet on Friday and a baseball scrimmage tomorrow. Maybe I'll find the time to caulk all my tubs and showers or read a book or catch up with old friends. or blog some more about nothing in particular.

No comments: