Monday, May 11, 2009

Rites of Passage

More rites of passage flying by. I recall my high school years taking 4 whole years. It seems like my kids' are taking mere seconds. We've hit several milestones recently:

  • Matt started drivers' ed and got behind the wheel of a car. While I am comfortable with that now, he will have an interesting story about his first "real" experience to tell his grandkids, and Mr. Andrews learned a valuable lesson about what not to have first time drivers do. I'll leave it at that.
  • He also brought home information and an order form for his class ring. At least I only had to put $50 down on it but geesh those things are expensive. The older two both got really nice rings. I think they generally sat on a dresser somewhere.
  • Craig is getting geared up for his senior year...once he gets through the next couple of weeks. One of my BFF's, Michelle, is branching out from her sports photography business and is doing senior portraits this year. She recently used Craig as a model. She does excellent work...I can't wait to see the real results when we do the actual session... but check out http://www.gskcreations.com/ senior photography and take a peak at the preliminary photos.
  • Prom was this week. Craig took one of his friends. A bunch of the kids got together for the obligatory photo shoot. I watched so many of these kids grow up, and got to know some of the others over the past 4 or 5 years. I will say that my kids have done a great job in selecting their friends. It seems like just yesterday that I was watching some of them walk across the stage at their kindergarten graduation though.

Here are a few shots of the gang, she says with a tear in her eye.






No comments: